Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Talk to me about selling...

I am so bad at this crafty blogging thing. I keep meaning to post, but do you think I remember to? Noooo. I've been busy working on crafty ideas to sell, so blogging about them isn't something I'm prepared to do while these thoughts are still under development. Once I have a plan, I will probably post a little more, but it's all still in development!

So, along that train of thought... anyone have any advice for a busy working mom who is eager to set out selling her wares? Thoughts on where you get your inspiration, how to handle competition, where to sell (own website? etsy? other?), how to set your price points, advertising, promos, custom orders vs stock on hand? Anything really, any input would be most welcome. Right now I'm looking at selling on etsy, but I haven't thought further ahead than that...

So, give it to me! I can take it. :D

2 comments:

LittleSpots said...

Some people think Etsy is a magical world where things will sell themselves. For the most part that's not true. You really need to drive your own traffic to your Etsy products. I'm not convinced it's a place where you can make big money.
I have no experience with them but I think craft shows are the way to go, especially with your beautiful items.
Of course selling to friends and family is always the best way to start, but you've already figured that out.

LittleSpots said...

Good-luck!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com