Friday, December 19, 2008

The End of the Christmas Cards

So, it's December 19, and what did I do last night? That's right. I finished my christmas cards. Where the hell did this month go, anyway? Thankfully 95% of the people I still have to send cards to are local, so even though I popped them in the mail on my way to work this morning, they should still arrive before the 25th.

This card was sort of a "WTF can I do with very little effort" deal, and I managed to sucker my husband into helping. I wanted something that was neat but simple - no colouring, no ribbon-tying, no using scissors to cut anything, no heat embossing, just layers of colour and a simple assembly. I am not 100% sold on the snowflake in the scallop circle embellishment, but at 8pm on a cold Thursday, I wasn't about to go out in search of something better! So, here it is!


The ingredients:
- Paper: SU Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa
- Ink: SU Bashful Blue, Close to Cocoa
- Stamps: SU Happy Everything, unidentified SU snowflake (no idea what set it came from! it was an extra in an ebay purchase!)
- Other: circle punches, scallop circle punch, scallop edge punch, Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i think it's pretty!! (sorry, been a while since I got through my blog reader, hee!)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com